[Samba] disable automatic mapping of homefolder to Z:

Alex_OClarit at playstation.sony.com Alex_OClarit at playstation.sony.com
Mon Jun 3 20:59:02 GMT 2002

folks

I know this is most likely something on the W2k/XP client side but I cannot
find anything about it and I'm sure some
of you guys have found a way around this.
When I log on to a SMB domain W2k/XP clients automatically maps the current
user's homefolder to Z:. I wanna
disable that but I cannot see where. Do you guys all just put up with that
or has anyone found a way to at least change
the letter to H: ? I know it has to do with the way the [homes] share
creates users' homefolders on the fly in samba
but shouldn't there be a way on the client to turn this off or do I have to
add some option to smb.conf ?
Win98/95 never did that so I assume it's some registry setting in 2000/xp.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Alex

RH 7.3
Kernel 2.4.18
samba 2.2.4

regards,

Alex O'Clarit/IT/SCEA
System-Technician
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
919 East Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City CA, 94404
Phone - 650.655.3663
www.playstation.com