[Samba] ACL support - Adding users in NT security tab gives winbindd error message "Can't find domain from sid"

Oliver Thinnes O.Thinnes at pulsaar.de
Mon Jun 3 03:34:19 GMT 2002

Helo.

I'm running here samba 2.2.4 on redhat 7.2 with kernel 2.4.17 patched with
ACL patches from http://acl.bestbits.at and appropreiate utils.

Samba is member of a NT 4 domain.

I configured (./configure --with-privatedir=/etc/samba
--with-lockdir=/var/lock --with-configdir=/etc/samba --with-quotas
--with-acl-support --with-winbind)
and compiled samba with acl support and in smb.conf I have
nt acl support = YES
.

Everything works fine. I see my NT users / groups. I have set acls on the
filesystem that are inherited (default acl).

When I open the security tab in the file properties dialog and click ADD to
add users I can see the NT users.

When selecting one, setting the access rights and click OK then I get an
error message on NT and in "log.winbindd"
-- snip --
[2002/05/31 22:48:44, 1, pid=12102, effective(0, 0), real(0, 0)]
nsswitch/winbindd_util.c:winbindd_lookup_n
ame_by_sid(268)
  Can't find domain from sid
-- snip --

"wbinfo -n NT-USER" shows me the SID number.

Thank you in advance.

Oliver Thinnes