[Samba] ACL support - entries of filesystem acls are not displayed in NT security tab

Oliver Thinnes O.Thinnes at pulsaar.de
Mon Jun 3 03:34:02 GMT 2002

Helo.

I'm running here samba 2.2.4 on redhat 7.2 with kernel 2.4.17 patched with
ACL patches from http://acl.bestbits.at and appropreiate utils.

Samba is member of a NT 4 domain.

I configured (./configure --with-privatedir=/etc/samba
--with-lockdir=/var/lock --with-configdir=/etc/samba --with-quotas
--with-acl-support --with-winbind)
and compiled samba with acl support and in smb.conf I have
nt acl support = YES
.

Everything works fine. I see my NT users / groups. I have set acls on the
filesystem that are inherited (default acl).

When I open the security tab in the file properties dialog I only see the
UNIX right and the extended acls are missing.

NT security tab:
everybody no rights
Oliver Thinnes, read, write
root: read, write

On LINUX
# dir
-rwxrw----+   1 PULSAAR+O.Thinnes root            5 05-31 22:55 Neu
Textdokument.txt

# getfacl Neu\ Textdokument.txt
user::rwx
user:PULSAAR+informix:r-x       #effective:r--
group::rwx                      #effective:rw-
group:PULSAAR+Technik:rwx       #effective:rw-
mask::rw-
other::---

Thank you in advance.

Oliver Thinnes