[Samba] updating passwds

Michael G. Noble mnoble at mhrf.rf-magic.com
Tue Jul 30 12:36:42 GMT 2002

I have Samba 2.2.5 running on Solaris8.  I have tried to set it
up so that when the user changes his/her password that the NIS
passwd will also be changed.  Since it calls /usr/bin/passwd, it
seems like it should do it.

I have tried to change my passwd and the SWAT web pages gives
the following error:

machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the password change: Error was: RAP86: The
specified password was invalid.

In the global section, I have for passwd program:
/usr/bin/passwd %u.

Mike
--
Michael G. Noble                          RF Magic, Inc.
Senior System Administrator               10182 Telesis Ct., 4th Floor