[Samba] roaming profiles not being saved completely [was: NT4 roaming...]

Gottfried Scheckenbach gottfried.scheckenbach at xtelligent.de
Tue Jul 30 04:58:02 GMT 2002

To be archived:

In my case the problem (see my mail with same subject) was triggerd by
"hide unreadable = Yes" as global parameter. After I moved this
Parameter to the affected file shares and restarted smbd (yes: restart
was nessecary) the profile synchronistation worked suddenly without
problems.

 > And: I tested the same Samba binary-package on a older system (kernel
 > 2.2.18, glibc 2.2) - I can't reproduce the problem on this system!
Like always: I was wrong ;-) It was only a little bit complicated to
reproduce the error situation.

Regards,
Gottfried