[Samba] RE: A Suggestion

peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Mon Jul 22 20:06:02 GMT 2002

Trevor, you are right;  this is a great forum for help, but the interface
definitely leaves some things to be desired.

In my very humble opinion, I would love it if every message that appeared
on this list was also posted to the Samba forum on Tek-Tips;
     www.tek-tips.com    (search for forum called andrew tridgell: samba)
which has a beautiful interface.
Tek-Tips makes it so easy to follow a thread.  Also allows notification when
there is a new post to a thread you mark.   Best of all, easy searching of

There is so much knowledge in this mailing list it seems a shame not to use it's
full potential.   Tek-tips could possibly save some time with people not having
to answer the same questions repeatedly (although there will always be
a bit of that).

No, Tek-Tips are not paying me, but I am a big fan.

I am not an IT guru, just newby so please feel free to point out to me
any disadvantages there could be in making use of Tek-Tips.

thanks

-peter.

>Hello all.
>
>I belong to a few mailing lists as I'm in the process of learning and
installing a few Linux based applications.
>My personal opinion is this is the best of them, mainly because of the amount
of people who are subscribed.
>I guess I get in the region of 400 e-mails a day from samba at samba.org.
>
>The problem for me is the amount of mail I receive when I'm busy.
>I have to go through tons of the stuff untill I get to ones I can help with.
>Maybe the mailing list team could have set subjects or words that would
>denote specific field of samba, lets say one for windows XP, and any questions
>about this would have [XP] in the front of the subject, or say [GEN] for the
more general
>problems and so on.  This way I could use my mail rules to get quick access to
the
>questions I can answer when time doesn't allow browsing.
>
>What do you guys and girls think?
>
>Cheers ,Trevor.

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or National Transport Secretariat, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.