[Samba] Saving printer settings trouble

Jose Antonio Guerra Pablos jaguerra at icticonsulting.com
Tue Jul 23 00:00:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a samba server for printing. I've attached an HP940c to
the USB port of the machine and followed the instructions on the Samba HOWTO
docs.

I succesfully added the printer, created the printer share, created the
[print$] share with all its subdirectories and chmod it 777, and added 2
users to the printer admin group.

I followed the instructions to upload the driver files to the server, but at
the end of the process I get an "Unable to save printer settings" error.
I've tried doing it on many ways, and read a bunch of this list messages,
but I always get the same error.

The only way I was able to print from a W2K box was by installing the
drivers locally only, but what I need is uploading of those drivers.

We tried to upload the drivers from an W2K Pro SP2 box. We have all W2K Pro
boxes and one W2K Server SP2 as PDC.

On the unix box Red Hat 7.2 and Samba 2.2.5 is installed. The printer was
configured with the "printconf-gui" that ships with RedHat 7.2

Samba is configured for domain security and all file shares work perfectly.

Please help me to see the light out of the tunnel ;D

Thanks

Here goes my smb.conf file, with sensitive info removed:

------------

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2002/07/22 11:40:56