[Samba] Print queue doesn't clear

sthom sthom at myrealbox.com
Mon Jul 15 19:56:02 GMT 2002

Jim,

Thanks for the help. The version of Lprng that ships with RedHat 7.3 is
3.8.9, but I had to change the default anyway. It was difficult to figure
out which file to edit (printcap, printcap.local, lpd.conf, so I tried all
of them. It turns out /etc/lpd.conf was the culprit, I added the following
after the default:

#   default done_jobs= 1  (INTEGER)
done_jobs=0

It makes sense now, it always kept the last job (never two or three). I
can't think of a case where a user would want the last job, at least where
samba is concerned.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I hope this helps someone
else.

Steve