[Samba] 2000 DC rejecting password

Ken Palosaari kenp at mtu.edu
Mon Jul 15 13:33:02 GMT 2002

hi,

I am having some serious problems with my new 2000 dc controllers authentication
I am using samba 2.2.4 here is the error I'm seeing:

[2002/07/15 15:13:59, 1] smbd/password.c:server_validate(1173)
  password server DOMAINController rejected the password

if I do a net view of the share \\server\sharename I get access denied,then
after about a minute I have now problems mounting or viewing the drive.
If I use the fully qualified domain name I can do a net view or mount the
drives with not problems.

I have set the smb.conf with the following for auth:

[global]
   security = server
   password server = servername

I have set up the host file on the DC with address of the samba share, and
also tried inserting the fully qualified domain name for ther servername, neither
have helped me.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Ken