[Samba] how many linux boxes do I need????

Eirik Thorsnes eirik.thorsnes at fys.uib.no
Fri Jul 12 20:20:59 GMT 2002

With one WINS server on your network all machines will find each other,
through searching / lookup - although the browselists probably won't be
complete. For this you need one LMB for each subnet and each workgroup,
in addition you should have one DMB for each workgroup (the DMB will
also be a LMB in its subnet).

Remember that you can have several samba servers running on one linux
box by using several ethernet cards or aliasing one ethernet card. Just
remember that the samba servers needs separate environments (locking
directories etc.). Search this list for earlier posts about this.

Eirik Thorsnes