[Samba] print commands

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Jul 9 12:33:18 GMT 2002

There are a lot of ways. The simplest might be a postexec command.
read the man page on smb.conf

Or, you could have a compound print command with the mail comand part
of the printing command itself.

Fancier still is to edit the print filter.

If you want to notify users whether or not the print job succeeded, that
will involve some trickery.

Look at the variables in the printing shell with set (put into your print
filter, eg. set > variables) to see which variables are available. Your user
and his host ought to be in there.

Joel