[Samba] Auditing with VFS

Daniel Niasoff dniasoff at mendelsons.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 09:15:35 GMT 2002

When auditing with VFS the pathname recorded is only the relative path for
the share not the the full path all the way from root.

Are there any plans to change this as I want to use auditing as a method of
backing up (i:e: record all files that have been written to and back them up
automatically) and as the path is only relative to the share and I have no
way of knowing which share is currently being accessed this would be rather
difficult.

One way round this would be to open a new process per share and I could
record which process is associated with each share but I don't know if this
is feasable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel Niasoff
Netwotk Administrator
Mendelsons Solicitors

This e-mail is confidential and solely for the addressee. It contains
information which is legally privileged. If you have received this in
error please notify us as soon as possible.  Mendelsons is regulated
by The Law Society.  A list of Partners is available for inspection at
81 King Street, Manchester M2 4ST.