[Samba] Winbind and Windows 2000

Brad Richins BRichins at lopezgarciagroup.com
Tue Jul 2 08:55:02 GMT 2002

I am trying to used Winbind to retrieve user accounts from a Windows
2000 native domain to no avail.  It would appear as though Winbind uses
an anonymous connection for communication and my Windows 2000 domain is
denying anonymous access.  Does anyone know how to winbind to use a user
account or how to set a Win2K Domain to allow anonymous connection after
it has been switched to 'Native Mode'  I have already checked the
registry on my Domain controller at
//HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/control/Lsa/restrictanonym
ous.

This is in reference to a previous unanswered question where I posted my
smb.conf and winbindd debug output:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=102546714116241&w=2>
&m=102546714116241&w=2