[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 Printing problem with HP Designjets

Klaus Steinberger Klaus.Steinberger at Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Tue Jul 2 08:41:19 GMT 2002

Hello,

I sent this request already last week, but got no answer (maybe I did
not use a good subject).

My problem is the following:

I use server side drivers with samba 2.2.5 and cups. I add them usually
with cupsaddsmb. This works quite well, but I have trouble with printers
with really large papersizes. I have some HP Designjet in our Network,
we need for our mechanical engineers, as well as for Poster production.

The problem now is that the drivers does not offer papersizes larger
than DIN A2 format. I'm really in need of the papersize DIN A0 and DIN
A1. Thanks to Kurt Pfeifle I nailed this problem down to the available
Forms.

If I do a right click on the Printers Folder -> Server Properties on the
local system, I see Forms larger than A2 (its a Windows 2000 system),
but if I look onto "server properties" on the samba server in network
neighborhood I only see paper size up to A2. I tried to add more forms
to the server, but that doesn't work, I always get "Das Formular A0
konnte nicht hinzugefügt werden. Der Vorgang konnte nicht abgeschlossen
werden".

Also I was not able to use the forms commands in rpcclient. It looks
like they are very bad documents, and maybe do not work at all?

Lurking through the source I found some compiled in Paper forms, and
some comment that the order of forms is important, so I do not know if
its easy to add more paper forms here.

Any solution to my problem?

Sincerely,
Klaus