[Samba] Intermittant browsing problems

Jeff Bracanovich desktop at theboatexchange.com
Thu Jan 31 15:14:05 GMT 2002

Hi Nick

I had a similar problem on a small (13 Win95/98 stations) network. Turned
out that the clients were timing out. You might want to look at anything
that might be slowing the name resolving. Do you notice a delay when first
browsing the network??

I ended up setting one of my Samba Servers to be a WINS server, and put it's
ip in each Windows station network config. It solved my problem. Now the
network neighborhood  pops up almost immediately.

On a another network, I've been running a local dns server with similar
results.

Jeff