[Samba]DFS problems Win98-Samba 2.2.2: UPDATE

werner maes werner.maes at cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jan 29 07:45:37 GMT 2002

Hello,

I want to further explain our problems with DFS on Samba2.2.2 and a
Windows 98 client.

When a user, after logging in, clicks on Network Neigbourhood on his
desktop and goes to the server and then to the dfs share, everything
works fine.

BUT if he goes to the dfs share like this: Windows Explorer -> Network
Neigbourhood -> Server -> dfs share, then he cannot see the contents of
the folders. Even if he afterwards uses the Network Neigbourhood icon on
his desktop to access the share, the contents are no longer shown.

Also if he uses drive mapping (through a logon script) to access the
share, the contents are not shown.

Can anyone tell me whether this is a problem of Windows 98 or a Samba
related problem?

Using Windows 2000 everything works fine !

Thanks,

Werner Maes
KULeuven