Share authenication

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Jan 27 06:00:03 GMT 2002

If you are logged in as a guest, then you are likely logged in as some user
with very limited permissions, like ftp or nobody.
You can see what user name you are logged in with by running smbstatus.
If security isn't a problem, change guest account = root (very risque) or
guest account = A regular user
And, make security = share
Here is an example:

[global]
	security = SHARE
	guest account = root (or some regular user)

[AllFiles]
	comment = All Files
	path = /
	read only = No