Share authenication

Craig Wiseman csw_us at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 22:13:03 GMT 2002

I want to have full access to my FreeBSD files from my
Windows 98 computer so I am attempting to setup SAMBA.

Both boxes are on a network behind a firewall.

I have managed to get to the point where if I set
guest ok to Yes in SWAT, I can 'see' the share and the
files. But I cannot modify anything.

I think it is a problem with Win98 not sending the
correct username and password to the FreeBSD box, but
I'm at a loss as to how to make them both agree on it.

What am I missing?