automatically setting up printer drivers on clients (new style)

Bryan Fetzer bryan2424 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 17:19:02 GMT 2002

What you should do is install the printer on your
> computer and them
> access the share dialogue from there...  Not by
> browsing to it.  I
> originally installed the drivers from a 2k box, and
> I did have a little
> trouble adding different drivers.  I ended up
> installing the printer on
> a NT4 box and adding the NT4 drivers from there.
> Everything works great
> now.
------by installing it on your local machine and then
manipulating the share from there, you are not working
with the share on the server, but you are actually
sharing it from the local machine. by not browesing to
it,

Unless I'm reading this incorrectly. Can you now go to
any other nt4/win2k client and click on the printer
and have it install automatically?