Samba in NT domain

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Wed Jan 23 04:00:06 GMT 2002

Arjan van Wijngaarden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First let me introduce myself to you, my name is Arjan and I'm network
> administrator of a win nt domain.
> Yesterday I had my first experience with SuSe 7.3 and tryed to configure the
> Samba server.

Welcome to linux, and may you never look back.

> Now my question is if it's possible to make the samba server visible in the
> NT-Domain and how can I achieve that?

Sure.  Just change the workgroup name to that of the PDC, make sure
samba is not configured for domain logons, and that its OS level is set
up so it doesn't win elections.

domain logons = no
os level = 1

Also, set

security = server
password server = NT PDC

and you should be all set.

--Yan

--
Daddy, did all the hair that fell off your head stick to your arms?
Akari, age 4