samba 2.2.2 linux 1.2.13 (libc5) <-> samba 2.0.10 FreeBSD 4.4

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Mon Jan 21 11:00:05 GMT 2002

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Fuzzy wrote:

> I can't use NSF to share a fs between these two, the linux box
> talks NFS 1 and the BSD talks NFS 2+3. I thought maybe I couyld use
> samaba to share the fs? the linux box would be the client, the
> BSD box would be the server. if it can, what would the smb.conf's
> need to look like?

Why is the linux box running 1.2.13? Less ancient versions talk both NFS 2
and 3 (the NFS v3 spec was released about the same time as 1.2.13).

You can use smbclient to talk to the samba server. But the smb.conf
depends on your particular needs, such as which shares you want to export.
Start from the examples/smb.conf.default included in the samba source
distribution.

/Urban