SAMBA INSTALLATION HELP

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon Jan 21 04:43:13 GMT 2002

Do you have an entry for swat in your /etc/ined.conf file on the server?  Mine looks
like this:

swat    stream  tcp     nowait.400 root    /usr/local/samba/bin/swat swat -a

You must point to the proper location of swat. Find it with "which swat"
from the command line. Note: the -a parameter starts swat without the
necessity for a password. Helps newusers but is very bad security.

I assume that you are sitting at the server when you try to run swat. If
not, you will have to use the name of the server or its ip number in
the http line in your browser.

Joel