Help I'm new

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Jan 20 14:43:03 GMT 2002

Do you really need password protection for your home boxes? Security is a
BIG hassle. IF you don't really need it, put:

security = share
guest ok = yes
guest account = ftp

into your global section and enjoy. Or, just put these into your share
section.
# Global parameters
[global]
	security = SHARE
	guest account = ftp
	hosts allow = 192.168. 127.0.0.1
	veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/
        veto files = /*.{*}/

[AllFiles]
	comment = All Files
	path = /
	read only = Yes
	guest ok = Yes

Joel

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 02:28:14PM -0800, Cheryl Pelletier wrote:
> Hello, I need some help in getting Samba 2.0.7 working with two
of my home computers. One is running Windows Me and the other is
running Windows 2000 P. On both systems I can browes the shares
that I have set up in smb.conf but if I try to access them I get the
password problem. On my windows me system I have tried the REG entry of
EnablePlainTextPassword. but that made no diffrence. I also get a message
after kernal load of (local package initialization:Samba-d:not found)
can you tell me what this means and if I'm missing something?  Like I
said i'm new to Samba and the FreeBSD. But I think I have everything
load like it should just can't get the password problem solved..
Please Help Thank Daryl Pelletier