Help I'm new

Cheryl Pelletier mydaughter at webbworks.com
Sun Jan 20 14:31:06 GMT 2002

Hello, I need some help in getting Samba 2.0.7 working with two of my home computers. One is running Windows Me and the other is running Windows 2000 P. On both systems I can browes the shares that I have set up in smb.conf but if I try to access them I get the password problem. On my windows me system I have tried the REG entry of EnablePlainTextPassword. but that made no diffrence. I also get a message after kernal load of (local package initialization:Samba-d:not found) can you tell me what this means and if I'm missing something?  Like I said i'm new to Samba and the FreeBSD. But I think I have everything load like it should just can't get the password problem solved..                                                                                                                                                           Please Help Thank Daryl Pelletier