Samba 2.2.2 + Win2k 'failed file read'

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Sun Jan 20 07:41:08 GMT 2002

Situation: Samba 2.2.2 (Debian version) acting as PDC
for two Win2000 w/SP2 machines.

One machine (brahma) has been fully patched with all
available hotfixes that are found on windowsupdate.microsoft.com,
the other is as installed.

Problem:

The patched machine (brahma) now takes inordinate (3 - 5 minutes)
amount of time to log users in, display file shares and/or open
files. The problem isn't very consistent and is hard to reproduce.

Suffice to say that the other machine displays none of these problems
(logins takes 10 - 15 seconds, the same files open without issue).

Does anyone know if any particular hotfixes are incompatible with
Samba 2.2.2 (hotfixes installed are: 2527??, 276471, 285156,
285851, 299796 and 302755). The other difference between the two
machines is that brahma has IE6 installed.

I have available sambd '-d 100' log files and tcpdump from both
machines if that will help.

Thanks in advance,
Anand

--
 linux.org.au/conf/       | "Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a
 Attend. Learn. Advocate. |  subject ourselves, or we know where we can