fixed: Samba 2.2.2 PDC + Win2k joining

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Sun Jan 20 07:28:10 GMT 2002

Just a quick followup to my last email where I was trying to work
out why joining a Samba PDC with Win 2k was failing. Upon closer
inspection of the log file; it appears Samba was mapping the
administrator (root) user to guest because of the

'invalid users = root'

directive in the default Debian configuration file. Is that
directive necessary/useful? I don't think removing it from
the default Debian configuration would cause any problems and
it might solve one or two as well.

Thoughts?

Anand

--
 linux.org.au/conf/       | "Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a
 Attend. Learn. Advocate. |  subject ourselves, or we know where we can