Samba as a member server in W2k

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Sat Jan 19 00:40:04 GMT 2002

Not sure if this will help Stan, but I am running a similar setup and here
are a couple of things if you haven't tried them already:

1. Have the Win2000 guys ticked the box "Allow pre-Windows2000 computers to
use this account" ?  Samba will appear as NT4.

2. I join the domain with simply 'smbpasswd -j domainname' - and have the
'password server = domaincontroller' set in smb.conf.

Cheers,
Noel