winbind

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Sat Jan 19 00:34:12 GMT 2002

yes harley - in 2.2.2 winbindd has quite a dramatic memory leak. this seems
to have been fixed in 2.2.3pre.

I ran into more serious problems with that release so have fallen back to
2.2.2 again for my winbindd process.  The 2.2.2 release is pretty stable
despite the memory leak.  To deal with the leak I run an awk script every
five minutes which monitors winbindd's size in memory and at a certain
threshhold (20%) kills it and restarts.  Seems to work well and users do not
feel it.

We have about 40 users and winbindd restarts about once a day.

Let me know if you want me to post the awk script,

Noel