Swat doesn't work.

Loo, Joseph loo at littongcs.com
Fri Jan 18 09:25:07 GMT 2002

First are you trying to access the swat from a different machine? If not,
localhost:901 should work to.

Here is my swat file under xinet.d Note, only_from is commented out to allow
machine other than the local host to work.

# default: on
#              to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
#              connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
service swat
{
        port    = 901
        socket_type     = stream
        wait    = no
        #only_from = localhost
        user    = root
        server  = /usr/sbin/swat
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        #disable = yes
}

Do you have /etc/pam.d/samba file? You need it to authorize it. The
following contains the contents.

auth    required        /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account required        /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth