lpd problem

Vic Berdin sndbeat at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 23:21:04 GMT 2002

Hello All,

I am using smbd and nmbd version 1.9.18p, and Linux
2.2.19 (LRP-LEAF Environment actually).

My problem is that I can't figure out why lpd won't
automatically start printing jobs sent to the spool
path.

Running "lpq" reports that the details of the job, but
there is a warning saying that "no daemon present".
Printing won't start unless I execute "lpd -l"
manually.

But the thing is, I call "lpd" as my linux box starts
up, and I can see that the daemon is running when I
execute "ps ax".

I don't understand why the "lpd" daemon cannot be seen

even if it is already running.

Any advice? File/s, config settings to check?

TIA, VIC