ls problem with Winbind files? Workaround

Josh Konkol susesambaboy at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 11:39:07 GMT 2002

Here is a workaround for this problem.  Thanks to Mark Cooke for coming up
with it.

First, create an alias to a new command using the following command.

 alias list='find * -maxdepth 0 -printf "%m %4n %-20u %-20g %7s %t %f\n"'

Now when you're in the directory you want to view just type list (or whatever
command you assigned) and you'll see 20 characters on the user and group
names.

Hope this helps everyone.

Josh