From Linux to W2K

qingjuan gu guqj at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 13:50:07 GMT 2002

Dear all,

I have two pcs, one is installed Linux Redhat7.2,
which including samba2.2.1. the other pc is instaled
W2K, which connected a HPDeskjet970 printer. I want to
print to HPDeskjet  from Linux side with samba. I use

smbclient //biopc/HPDJ970C -U administrator

to print some file. The print result give me some
starircase. the printed is like:

this is a example for samba line 1
	this is  line2
		this is line3
			this is line4

(it should be :
this is a example for samba line 1
this is line2
this is line3
this is line4
)
And the smaba manual said we should add an entry for
the remote printer. I did it and  use a filter for
this problem, it seems that the filter does not work.

I am attaching my smb.conf and printcap file, does
anybody give some ideas, thank you very much in
advance.

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = bioinfo
        netbios name = HERA
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        update encrypted = Yes
        log level = 6
        log file = /tmp/log.smbd.1219
        max log size = 1000
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
        wins support = Yes
#       oplocks = Yes
#       disable spoolss = No

[homes]
        browseable = No
        map archive = yes

[hp2100]
        printable = Yes
        path = /var/spool/samba
        print command = /usr/bin/lpr -Php2100  %s
#        print command = cat %s > /home/qgu/showus
        printer = hp2100
        guest ok = Yes
        min print space = 2000
#       browseable = Yes
#       read only  = No
#       printing = lprng
        printing = BSD
#       use client driver = Yes
        printer driver = HP LaserJet 2100 Series PS

[qingjuan]
        comment = For testing only, please
        path = /export/samba/qingjuan
        guest ok = Yes
        read only =no
#       include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.

Printcap file:

hp2100|lp0:\
        :sh:\
        :ml=0:\
        :mx=0:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/hp2100:\
        :af=/var/spool/lpd/hp2100/hp2100.acct:\

:lp=|/usr/share/printconf/util/jetdirectprint:\
        :lpd_bounce=true:\
        :if=/usr/share/printconf/util/mf_wrapper:

HPDJ970C:\
        :rm=biopc:\
        :rp=HPDJ970C:\
        :sh:\