Lock problem

Pietro ppesci at cantv.net
Sat Jan 12 11:47:03 GMT 2002

Thanks again Urban :)

I investigated lock using NFS and found that its lock system is
implemented using rpc.lockd and rpc.statd, but is only ADVISORY lock
system, that is, any application can write anyway avoiding the lock
system (Oh my God, what a Crap!!!)  and will be discarded as alternative
:(.

Smbfs is the only option at this time ( or using M$ lan manager for DOS
:P ).

Pietro