Question about MACHINE.SID

Gaurang Pandya gaubrig at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 07:10:06 GMT 2002

Hi Jerry,

I daily read mails of this list. And perday I see you give smiles to atleast 5 to 10 peoples.

So I thought you would be right person to ask this question. I am even CCing it to list also.

My question is, ' is there any entry in smb.conf fie with which i can specify the path to MACHINE.SID file?

or does it take the MACHINE.SID file from the directory where the configuration file is kept. The configuration file

may not be named as smb.conf since i will be including it from smb.conf'

I hope you got my question. If not please let me know.

Actually I want to do something really exciting if this works.

Gaurang.