Samba server disappear in the Network Neighborhood

Zhiping Wang zwang at axcelphotonics.com
Tue Jan 8 06:15:18 GMT 2002

Hi,

	My Samba server worked fine for over 1 year. But after I updated the OS
from RH 6.0 to 7.1, I can only see the server in  Network Neighborhood (From
my Windows 98 client) after I reboot the Linux machine. And I only lasted
10-30 minutes. Then disappeared. I checked the smbd and nmbd, they both run
good. using \\server-name, I can see all the shares. So the question is: why
I can not see in the Network Neighborhood while the server still running?

	Please help. Thank you very much in advance.

Zhiping