Can the mac O/S access a samba share through the chooser

Michael LaSalvia mike at jason.org
Tue Jan 8 06:22:07 GMT 2002

Up to now we never had a need to have macs access our fileserver. The macs can ssh and ftp to our fileserver but not see it in the chooser (the macs version of network neighborhood ). So I was wondering is there a mac application for the application layer of networking to allow the mac to see the samba share. I know is Mac O/S 10 you can use the command line and use the smb mount command and do it over tcp/ip. But I want them to be able to just click a shortcut on their desktop.  Thanks for the help.

Sorry If I confused you but I don't use macs so I really don't understand them.
Michael LaSalvia
Information Technology Coordinator
The JASON Foundation for Education
11 Second Avenue