passwords show up in log files with Winbindd

Hans Rasmussen hans at sbsfor.com
Sun Jan 6 08:30:02 GMT 2002

As far as I can see, I'm not starting winbind, smbd, or nmbd with a debug
setting in my startup script. This is the winbind part....

 echo -n "Starting WINBIND services: "
	daemon /usr/local/samba/sbin/winbindd
	RETVAL2=$?
	echo
	[ $RETVAL -eq 0 -a $RETVAL2 -eq 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/smb || \
	   RETVAL=1
	return $RETVAL

 I also have no loglevel setting in my smb.conf.

Thanks

Hans