Winbindd - wbinfo -t fails, but everything else works

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Sat Jan 5 22:38:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 11:56:10AM -0500, Jerry Murdock wrote:

> In testing under 3.0a12, I have windbindd running, but wbinfo -t gives:
>
> Secret is bad
> 0xc00000e5
>
> I have successfully joined the domain with "net rpc join" and all other wbinfo
> option works, including user authentication using -a.

This error is produced if winbind can't read the trust account password
from secrets.tdb.

Is there anything in the winbindd log file about failing to open secrets.tdb?

Also if you are doing anything tricky with multiple branches of Samba you
might like to check your configuration.  Winbindd may be looking in a
different directory for the secrets.tdb file than smbpasswd or net.

Tim.