Samba Newbie

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Tue Jan 1 12:54:02 GMT 2002

Well, I just dbl-checked (I'm definitely not what I would call an expert),
and if I issue an 'off' command as above, then check /etc/xinetd.d/swat, it
is set to disable = yes.  Then, if I issue the 'on' command per my above,
this line is changed to disable = no.

So, it appears that you are incorrect - otherwise, please explain what I am
missing.

Thanks

> swat is a server controlled by the super server xinetd.
> Xinetd listens on all service ports for the services listed
> in it's configuration file.
>
> /etc/xinetd.conf. This config file includes all the files in
> /etc/xinetd.d as part of the configuration. Swat must be
> enabled for xinetd to start it:
>
> in /etc/xinetd.d/swat:
>
> change disable = yes to disable = no

Thats what the command does... it toggles this line in this file.

Charles