[Samba] Samba 2.2.3a, print queue status "opening," high server load

Steven J Mackenzie sjm at activenavigation.com
Thu Feb 28 14:05:04 GMT 2002

From: "Jay D. Anderson" <jay.anderson at dw.deere.com>
> Okay, I *thought* this was fixed with a couple changes I made, but I was
> wrong.  I am still seeing the same behavior as outlined below.  As an
> example, I try to print from Word and after selecting the printer Word
> stops responding and I the smbd process loads up a CPU.

I'm seeing this too, as I posted yesterday - I see it with NT4 sp6 and Win2K
clients running Word 97 (again, as posted yesterday).

The Windows clients can print from some apps (for example Internet Explorer
6), but just opening the print dialogue box in Word 97 locks the Word
application.

I've gone back to 2.2.2 as our PDC after some angry growls from users :(

Steven