I: [Samba] PATCH: Samba/Win2K renaming bug

Davide Parise d.parise at mhz.it
Wed Feb 27 05:42:06 GMT 2002

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Davide Parise [mailto:d.parise at mhz.it]
Inviato: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 23:33
A: Jeremy Allison
Oggetto: R: [Samba] PATCH: Samba/Win2K renaming bug

I have the same problem, but I also have an explanation.

When You click on a multimedia file Windows Media Player opens a preview on
the left side of your windows. When this preview is open is impossible to
make any operation on the file such as rename or delete. If you try to
select more than one file you have this problem only on the last file of the
list. You don't have this problem at all with other types of file such as
docs file of extension that are non known by media player.

I don't thing this is a your problem. up to know I couldn't find a way to
disable this preview.

P.S. I am running samba 2.2.3a compiled like this

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-configdir=/etc/samba --with-logfilebase=/va
r/log/samba --with-ssl --with-quotas

on a slack 8.0

If you want I can send also my smb.conf.