[Samba] Possible big/small endian problem Samba 2.2.2 and 2.2.3a

Homann, Mathias Mathias.Homann at airbus.dasa.de
Wed Feb 27 03:16:06 GMT 2002

"PRETORIUS, Albert" wrote:

> I have about exhausted all possible things to try. Also, this works 100% on
> a Intel based PC with Samba 2.2.3a.
> We compared the smb.conf files between the mainframe Linux and the PC Linux
> and the only thing I currently
> suspect is a big/small endian problem (mainframe uses big-endian and intel
> uses small-endian).

I think I have the same trouble with rpc calls, especially
printer-related stuff, on a HP7000 running HP-UX 11.00, and from deep
deep digging in the sources I found the routine which translates unicode
to ascii to be guilty of loosing the names of printer driver  files, so
that the installation of printer drivers via the imprints tools fails
when not on intel linux systems.

bye
	[MH]