[Samba] Controlling access to NT Shares

Marc Poljak poljak at za.uni-koeln.de
Tue Feb 26 07:30:14 GMT 2002

Hello,

THE SITUATION:
We have setup Samba 2.2.3a (on AIX 5.1) running as a PDC and have several
Windows 2000 Server (Service Pack 2), which are all member servers.

THE PROBLEM:
After we have created a share on a Windows 2000 server we want to add users and
groups (security tab, directory permissions). But in the »List Names from: "ourdomain"«
menu field the groups which exit on our Unix/Samba-Server do not appear, only the
users.

We would be most grateful if somebody could tell us if there is a solution/workaround for
this.

bye,

Marc Poljak

Central Archive for Empirical Social Research, University Cologne
IT-Department
Bachemer Str. 40
50931 Cologne
Email: poljak at za.uni-koeln.de