[Samba] Long logoff times - Win2k Client, Samba 2.2.2 PDC

Ron Gage ron at rongage.org
Tue Feb 26 04:45:02 GMT 2002

Hi Folks:

I am seeing excessively long logoff times on my Win2k clients - I am using Samba
as a PDC.

Excessively long == 6+ minutes.  Network is 100BT switched.  Total cable feet
between client and server (including switch) - 10 foot.  According to the
switch, both machines are running at 100BT speed, full duplex.

There is what appears to be a lot of network traffic between the client and the
server going on during the logoff, but it shouldn't take that long to log off.

Profiles are enabled if that helps any.

Any ideas on what I should do to fix this?

--
Ron Gage - Owner, Linux Network Services - Saginaw, Michigan - 989-274-8088
Your one-stop source for Reliable, Secure and Affordable Networking Solutions