[Samba] Security on lan

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Mon Feb 25 05:53:02 GMT 2002

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Your passwords may be safe, but your data won't be!

really, honestly - you should not run smb over the internet without it
being tunnelled somehow.

There is a nice way if both ends are linux, and that's to use two private
subnets, ant run ssh and ppp within that, there is a howto somewhere, and
it's designed to be done via the LRP, but I cannot remember where.  Check
the LRP homepage.