[Samba] Trouble getting samba 2.2.3a to compile correctly on OpenServer using cc

Mark L. Wise mark at alpha2.COM
Fri Feb 22 07:50:17 GMT 2002

Hello!

I am trying to get samba to compile and run on Caldera OpenServer 5.0.5
using the standard OpenServer development kit.

During the compile, I get several WARNING messages similar to:
UX:acomp: WARNING: "smbd/server.c", line 248: argument is incompatible with
prot
otype: arg #3

After the compile and link is finished, I attempted to run the following
test and received this error...

# ./testparm ../lib/smb.conf
Load smb config files from ../lib/smb.conf
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file
"../lib/smb.conf":
        Insufficient or invalid memory
Error loading services.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I would rather use the gcc compiler, but I am a newbie with C and I have
been unable to get gcc installed and working correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mark

--
Mark L. Wise