[Samba] How to connect across the Internet

Anders Widman andewid at tnonline.net
Thu Feb 21 17:20:13 GMT 2002

I have actually used Windows to connect to other Windows machines
using normal Windows shares, so this should not be a problem with
Samba, either.

However, the security level is not very high and some ISP block port
139 wich is used for SMB connections. If both machines has external IP
addresses this should be as simple as accessing a local share. Just
put \\IP_of_samba_server\share in Windows Explorer to connect.

//Anders