[Samba] browse list problems continued.

awesome-dave1 at juno.com awesome-dave1 at juno.com
Thu Feb 21 13:01:08 GMT 2002

Hello,
	Thanks for all the help so far. I've got nmbd and smbd so they're
running now, not being blocked out by my firewall however nmbd is still
unable to sync browse lists with my domain master browser, which i don't
have as i'm in a workgroup and i'd like samba to be the master browser. I
have enabled wins support see smb.conf below. Any suggestions
appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.

[2002/02/21 03:43:09, 0] nmbd/nmbd.c:main(783)
  Netbios nameserver version 2.2.3a started.
  Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1994-2002
[2002/02/21 03:43:09, 0] nmbd/asyncdns.c:start_async_dns(148)
  started asyncdns process 2540
[2002/02/21 03:43:13, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(237)
  find_response_record: response packet id 11312 received with no
matching record.
[2002/02/21 03:43:13, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(237)
  find_response_record: response packet id 11313 received with no
matching record.
[2002/02/21 03:43:33, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:become_local_master_stage2(404)
  *****

  Samba name server GATEWAY is now a local master browser for workgroup
MEHLER on subnet 192.168.0.1

  *****
[2002/02/21 03:43:33, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(359)
  find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
  Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name MEHLER<1b> for the
workgroup MEHLER.
  Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.
[global]
   workgroup = mehler
   server string = Samba Server
   hosts allow = 192.168.0.
# If you want to automatically load your printer list rather
# than setting them up individually then you'll need this
#   load printers = yes
# you may wish to override the location of the printcap file
;   printcap name = /etc/printcap
# on SystemV system setting printcap name to lpstat should allow
# you to automatically obtain a printer list from the SystemV spool
# system
;   printcap name = lpstat
# It should not be necessary to specify the print system type unless
# it is non-standard. Currently supported print systems include:
# bsd, sysv, plp, lprng, aix, hpux, qnx
;   printing = bsd
# Uncomment this if you want a guest account, you must add this to
/etc/passwd
# otherwise the user "nobody" is used
;  guest account = pcguest
   log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
   max log size = 50
   security = user
  encrypt passwords = yes
socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
   local master = yes
   os level = 65
   preferred master = yes
   wins support = yes
username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/username.map

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.