[Samba] Can Samba 2.2.2 be BDC for an NT PDC in the same domain?

Fernando Maior fmaior at bigfoot.com
Thu Feb 21 10:49:03 GMT 2002

I know Samba 2.0 can not act as a BDC for an PDC that is a NT4/W2K. I
would like to know if Samba 2.2.2 can do that and in what extent it is
able to do it.

My configuration should be:

Site1= Win2K Professional using AD and PDC/Domain Emulation
Site2= Linux 2.4 + Samba 2.2.2 acting as a BDC for the LAN

Site1 is connected to Site2 via a low speed (64kbps) link, and that is
why we want to put a BDC at Site2, while every administrative tasks
should be done at Site1.

Thanks.
--
Fernando Maior