[Samba] aliases not working!!

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Feb 21 07:11:14 GMT 2002

Oy. Now you tell me.
Cross network browsing is much more involved, and I know little about
it.  nmblookup has options for broadcasting to other networks and
for unicasting.  smbclient also has options for resolving names. You
might fiddle with that, or, you might just put your aliases into your
/etc/hosts or lmhosts files and see what happens.

Joel